Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Joy of giving is limitless, Short Story To Inspire All

A student from rich family went out for a walk with his teacher somewhere. They saw a pair of torn shoes of a worker,who was busy in field adjacent to the road they were walking on.Student thought of making fun of worker and told his teacher , " we will take these shoes and hide behind the bushes and it will be a fun to watch the worker reaction when he discover his shoes are stolen.
The teacher replied with concerned look, "It is ridiculous to fun make of a poor in such a way. Why don't we put some coins in these shoes and hide to see the impact on worker !! 'The disciple did the same, and they hid in the nearby bushes.
The worker soon arrived at the place of shoes after completing his field work,As soon as he put one foot in the shoe he sensed something hard and he quickly removed his shoe and found few coins in it.He was astonished and checked those coins very carefully.he then looked around but when he found nobody was their he put those coin in his pocket. Now he picked up the second shoe, which also had coins ... worker was touched, his eyes welled up, he said with folded hands looking up - "O Lord, for this assistance at the time of need thanks you million time for sending a unknown helper and with these coins i can buy medicine for my sick wife and our hungry children will get bread. "
After that teacher asked the disciple - "wasn't putting a coin in shoes gave you more happiness then making fun of him?"The disciple answered, "You have taught me today lesson of life that I will never forget .Today I have come to understand the meaning of those words which I had never understood before. The joy of giving is limitless.

Moral;- Giving is the highest expression of potency. In the very act of giving, I experience my strength, my wealth, my power. This experience of heightened vitality and potency fills me with joy. I experience myself as overflowing, spending, alive, hence as joyous. Giving is more joyous than receiving, not because it is a deprivation, but because in the act of giving lies the expression of my aliveness.” ~ Erich Fromm
“I slept and I dreamed that life is all joy. I woke and I saw that life is all service. I served and I saw that service is joy.”
“Give freely to the world these gifts of love and compassion. Do not concern yourself with how much you receive in return, just know in your heart it will be returned.”

No comments:

Post a Comment